A Message to our Pet Families, as we remain open and continue to provide our services for you and your pet.
To our Valued Pet Families & Veterinary Clinics,
We know the loss of a pet is very difficult and is made worse by what is happening in the world and here in our community. We are a small, locally owned, family business and take pride in our sensitivity and compassion. In the wake of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic we will have to change some protocols for the protection of our pet families and our staff:
- Before coming to our office, please give us a call at (757) 340-0016 so we may obtain as much information as possible before you arrive.
- When you arrive at our office, please give us a call so we may give you further instructions before entering the office.
- Our staff will be practicing social distancing by keeping a 6 foot distance as per the CDC guidelines.
- When picking up ashes, we will place your pet’s urn in our gift bag on a table in our front foyer. If you are uncomfortable coming in we will bring your pet’s ashes to your car. This way you will be able to bring your pet home with minimal contact with others.
- Any item(s) you wish to keep (blanket, towel, carrier, collar, bed etc.), please take/keep with you. We will no longer hold or return these items.
- Drivers will be maintaining the 6ft distancing rule when picking up at your residence. We are happy to call when we arrive, so you may meet our driver at the front door. We can take your pet from there. If you have a large pet our driver will go over procedure when he arrives.
- We are asking families who wish to come in and purchase additional items (urns, jewelry, frames, stepping stones etc.) to please wait until after April 1st to do so. We do have a selection of urns on our website you may order over the telephone.
- Our hours of operation have not changed and we still have after hour services available.
Distancing takes away from the comfort we wish to provide you at such a difficult time but it is a necessary measure for the protection of all. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to speak with one of our staff members. The Coronavirus situation in our community is fluid, and the information is changing. We ask that our pet families stay tuned to our website and social media for updates on our procedures.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
Neal Kellum and Staff
Pet Cremation Services of Tidewater
Your pet stays in our local care at Pet Cremation Services every step of the way until you are ready to bring them home.
Pet Cremation Services of Tidewater is family owned and operated, with over 30 years of sensitive,
honest, caring and ethical pet cremation services. We provide affordable pet cremation services.
Call (757) 340-0016 for information
We personally answer our telephone 24/7 and will help arrange pick up or drop off of your pet.
Why choose Pet Cremation Services of Tidewater?
Veterinarian Pick Up Request
Pet Cremation Services of Tidewater works with all veterinarians in the Hampton Roads Virginia area, and we service north into the peninsula and Williamsburg and on the Eastern Shore and south into southeastern North Carolina.
Because your pet may cross the rainbow bridge after normal business hours, we answer our phone 24/7, and we provide pick up services from your veterinary clinic 7 days a week.
Call (757) 340-0016
Pet Urns, Stones, Casket Vaults & Jewelry
Regular Paw Prints & Memorial Paw Prints
Our Loving Pet Families
We have used their service many times in the past years, but yesterday was the first time we needed them on a Sunday which was when our hospice vet came to our home to put our 13 year old Golden to sleep. I called the 24 hour number and was greeted by the kindest gentleman, owner of Pet Cremation Services. He immediately put my mind at ease and said he would be sure someone was there to receive us when we were ready. Then, the gentleman who met us there was as kind as the owner, and allowed us extra time if we wanted to spend those last minutes with our beautiful pup. Thank you to both gentleman who assisted me and my family during this very sad time.
Pet Cremation Services of Tidewater has a pet memorial page where families can submit a picture and information about their pet. It can also be posted on our Facebook page, so families can share with their family and friends.